What is Verification?
A verified social media account provides instant social proof, notoriety and credibility when anyone looks up to you or your company online.
Being verified can can also help with networking and push your company to your industry’s forefront as a trusted option.
As a notable person, you don't want your fans to be confused on whether your account is legit. Being verified help your fans find your profile much easier too!
In order to be considered you must have the following:
If you meet the criteria, you may apply to the public form HERE
Don't forget to get at least 5 press interviews from prominent websites!
- Even if your account is eligible for verification, submitting a request doesn't guarantee that your account will be verified.
- Submitting multiple verified badge requests doesn’t guarantee that your account will be verified and applying for a verified badge multiple times before receiving a decision will cancel your application.
- Once verified, you may not change the username on your account, and verification cannot be transferred to a different account.
- Verifying your account on Instagram will not verify your account on Facebook. Visit the Facebook Help Center to learn how to verify your Facebook account.
- If you receive a verified badge using false or misleading information during the verification process, we will remove your verified badge and may take additional action to disable your account.
- If your account is verified by Instagram, you may want to enable additional security tools like two-factor authentication. Learn about other security tips on Instagram.